See a doctor through ProHEALTH Virtual Care
We now offer ProHEALTH Virtual Care appointments for non-urgent visits, so you can easily get prompt care when you need it. Now, you'll be able to see a ProHEALTH doctor without having to leave home. All you need is a phone, computer, tablet or an app.
Your appointment will be just like it would be at the doctor's office, but on video chat. You'll be able to see a doctor online for:
- Primary care, including internal medicine, family medicine, pediatrics and OB/GYN
- Specialty care across more than 20 services
- Help with minor medical problems
- Follow-up visits
- Answers to questions
- New prescriptions or refills
- Easy, often same-day appointments
Our virtual care team will give you “white glove” service to help you get set up correctly before your visit. We’ll make sure there won’t be any technical problems to get in the way of your care.
At the time of your virtual visit, you can connect with your doctor quickly and easily in a safe and secure manner.
Please note: ProHEALTH Virtual Care appointments will be billed to your insurance and standard copay and deductible may apply.
Prepare for your virtual visit
- Test your Wi-Fi and internet connections before your telemedicine visit. Close other applications and test your microphone, volume and video.
- Check that your device is fully charged.
- Have your camera at eye level.
- During your appointment, let a brief amount of time pass before answering your doctor’s questions. There may be some internet delays that happen during your appointment.
About virtual visits
- Only one patient per virtual visit is allowed.
- Virtual visits should be held in a room with good lighting and no distractions.
- Write down a list of questions and the reason for your visit ahead of time.
- Have your current medication list available.
- If you have home medical equipment:
- Take your temperature before your visit starts.
- Take your blood pressure before your visit starts.
- Diabetic patients should take a finger stick for blood sugar.
- Dress appropriately if you need to show the doctor a specific body part.
- Have any pictures or medical reports that you want to talk about with your doctor nearby.
Your doctor will join within 10 minutes of the appointment time. If the doctor doesn’t arrive within 10 minutes, please call 1-516-833-7711 to reschedule your appointment.
If you need to reschedule or cancel at any time, call 1-516-833-7711.OR
You can have visits with your own as well as your children's primary care clinicians, including adult primary care, pediatrics and OB/GYN. You can also see over 24 specialists, including:
- Cardiology (heart problems)
- Dermatology (skin)
- Diabetes education
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT or otolaryngology)
- Family medicine
- Internal medicine
- Medical nutritional therapy
- Nephrology (kidney problems)
- Neurology (nervous system)
- Nutrition (healthy eating)
- Obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN)
- Podiatry (foot doctor)
- Psychiatry (mental health)
- Rheumatology (immune system, joints and bones)
- Sleep medicine
You can use a ProHEALTH Virtual Care visit for many different types of medical needs. Our hotline staff will help guide you with which appointments you can have with a virtual care visit. Some examples include:
- General follow-up appointments
- Minor medical problems, such as flu or sickness
- Post-surgery follow-up appointments
- Prescription refills and medication monitoring
- Mental health counseling
ProHEALTH Virtual Care appointments are usually billed as a typical doctor's office visit subject to your insurance plan's typical copays and deductibles. No payment is required up front. The visit will be billed to your insurance after your appointment. Check with your insurance carrier for more details. If you do not have insurance, there are also affordable ways to self-pay.OR
Here are several things you can do ahead of time to make the most of your ProHEALTH Virtual Care visit:
- Prepare your questions and reason for your visit with your doctor ahead of time
- Have your current medication list available
- Have ready any pictures or medical reports that you want to share with your doctor