We care for problems related to the GI track. This is a group of organs that digests your food and gets rid of waste. It includes your esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum. We also care for liver diseases.
We care for:
- Problems related to stomach contents/acid flowing back and damaging your food pipe, lining and esophagus (swallowing tube)
- Ulcers of the stomach and duodenum (where your stomach meets the intestine)
- Colon (large intestine) issues
- Small bowel issues
- GI problems such as irritable bowel syndrome
- Liver diseases (hepatitis, scarring of the liver and fatty liver)
- Pancreatic diseases (the pancreas is a gland near the stomach)
- Colon, GI and hereditary cancer
To help find what's causing your problems, we use several tests, including:
- Bravo™ pH monitoring (tool to help find the cause of acid reflux)
- Capsule endoscopy, using the PillCam™ SB 3 system to see inside the small intestine
- Colonoscopy (exam that uses a tube with a lens at the end to see inside the large intestine). The specialist may remove polyps (growths on the lining of the colon) and do a biopsy (test a sample of cells).
- Endoscopy (exam that uses a tube with a lens at the end that goes inside your throat). The specialist may take cells to test.
- Genetic testing
- Testing to record contractions of the GI tract
- Ultrasound to look for GI and lung diseases
Our advanced therapies include:
- Care for problems in the liver, gallbladder, bile ducts and pancreas
- Removing bad cells in the esophagus
- IV infusions that deliver medicine
The American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities and The Joint Commission have accredited our locations. This recognition is a sign of excellence.