ProHEALTH cardiologists are 100% board certified to provide you with the highest quality care. Our top-ranked physicians offer thorough and expedient care for adults and children.
Conditions we treat:
- Atrial fibrillation and all forms of arrhythmias (the heart doesn't beat at a steady rate)
- Blood clots
- Chest pain
- Congenital heart disease (a heart problem that a person is born with)
- Congestive heart failure (the heart isn't strong enough to pump blood as well as it should)
- Coronary artery disease (the heart doesn’t get enough blood because blood vessels are narrow or blocked)
- Heart attacks
- Heart murmur (an extra or strange sound in your heartbeat)
- High cholesterol and high triglycerides (fats in the blood that can lead to heart attack or stroke)
- High blood pressure
- Palpitations (the heart beats too hard, too fast, skips a beat, or flutters)
- Shortness of breath
- Women’s heart health
Our philosophy of care is that there’s no such thing as no.
That means that if someone doesn’t feel well, we’ll do all that we can to see them today. If they need a test, we’ll do all that we can to get them the tests they need as soon as possible. Patient care is our priority.
This kind of care is truly supported by ProHEALTH as an organization. We can send patients for tests as late as midnight; there’s a sense of availability of patient care that’s been my personal attitude my entire career.
We really do take care of the whole patient–not just their cardiac symptoms. We’re highly integrated with other departments. For example, there’s an extraordinary team of endocrinologists right down the hall who take same day appointments, so we can provide full diabetes management. This is crucial because we know today that the best practice in preventative care is to be highly integrated for optimal cardiovascular results.
And we can share information seamlessly through electronic health records across the ProHEALTH computer network.
I’ve always enjoyed the preventative aspects of medical care, and ProHEALTH enables me and my fellow physicians to work together with the critical goal of elevating the overall level of patient care and patient experience.
Tests we offer:
- All forms of cardiac monitoring (tests that check the health of your heart)
- Carotid Doppler (a test that checks how well the blood flows through the arteries in your neck)
- Echocardiogram (a test using sound waves to create pictures of the heart)
- Home cardiac monitors (devices you wear at home to check your heart)
- Long-term implanted monitors (a device placed inside the body via surgery to check your heart)
- Nuclear stress test (a test that uses special cameras to look for damaged or dead heart muscle)
- Echo stress test (a test that uses sound waves to create moving pictures of your heart)
A word from our expert
"At ProHEALTH cardiology, we don’t just take care of you when you’re sick. We work just as hard to help keep you healthy. We work side-by-side with your primary care doctor and other specialists to take care of your unique needs. We believe in taking care of the whole 'you' so you can live your healthiest life possible."
–Louis Gleckel, MD, Chief of Cardiology
Frequently asked questions
We suggest you see a heart specialist if you are having any of these problems:
- High cholesterol
- A family history of heart problems
- High blood pressure
- Chronic gum disease
You should also see a heart specialist if you smoke, have diabetes or are starting a new exercise program.
Note: If you are having more serious chest pains, call 911.OR
All ProHEALTH Care cardiologists are board certified. We have the skills, advanced tools and technologies to offer world-class care.
Our diagnostic tests are delivered in a comfortable, non-hospital setting. And we can refer you to other ProHEALTH Care doctors quickly and easily so you get care right away.OR
Bring a list of your current medicines and any past medical records.
Are you visiting ProHEALTH Care for the first time? Save time and complete the registration forms before your visit.OR
ProHEALTH offers cutting-edge tests and care in a comfortable, non-hospital space. The most common tests include:
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) — a test that records the electrical signals your heart makes
- Holter monitor — a device you wear to keep track of your heart rhythm
- Stress test — a test to measure the strength of your heart
All of these are safe, simple tests that can be scheduled easily.OR
An EKG is a test that records the electrical signals your heart makes. It can show if a person has irregular heartbeats or an enlarged heart.OR
An echocardiogram is an ultrasound movie of the inside of the heart. It can show the size and strength of the heart and any unusual thickness. It can also show whether the four heart valves are working correctly.OR
A stress test is done on a treadmill or by injecting medicine. It can show if any of your heart’s main blood vessels are blocked. This test is often done with other tests, such as an echo stress test or a nuclear stress test.
All of these tests help us determine how to best care for your heart.OR
Yes. ProHEALTH Care is proud to have pediatric cardiologists who are specifically trained to care for patients as young as newborns. They provide expert care in congenital and acquired heart disease, arrhythmia and ambulatory cardiology services such as evaluations for chest pain, murmurs, palpitations and cardiac clearances required for school sports and medications. Their services are equipped with cutting-edge technology and an office environment and staff catered specifically for pediatric patients. Please call 1-516-622-6052 for an appointment today.OR