ProHEALTH allergists have an unmatched depth of experience. They can help find the cause of your symptoms and offer care to help you live your healthiest life.
We offer care for:
- Eczema (dry, itchy, red skin)
- Food and drug allergies
- Hives (red, itchy skin)
- Oral immunotherapy (OIT) (to help reduce or stop allergies to foods)
- Runny nose due to allergies
- Sinusitis (stuffed-up nose)
- Skin rashes, itchy eyes and other allergy-related symptoms
To help pinpoint specific issues, our facilities provide a range of diagnostic testing, including:
- Allergy skin and patch testing
- Asthma testing
- Environmental allergy testing
- Food allergy testing
- Immunologic evaluation
- Nose and nasal cavity exams
OIT for food allergies
OIT can help if you have allergies to certain foods. It works by having you eat small amounts of the food you have an allergy to. Over time, you eat larger amounts of the food so your body gets used to it and doesn't have any negative responses.
OIT can help stop, or reduce, any negative responses to foods you once had allergies to.
The first, and only, FDA-approved OIT is for peanut allergies and is available through our practice. But other food allergies can be treated, too.
Our OIT specialists can answer your questions and help you or your child start OIT.
We have over 50 years of helping patients and know how hard it can be to live with a food allergy. We also know that you need information to make sure OIT is right for you and your family.