ProHEALTH Urgent Care now gives Department of Transportation exams
We'll help you prepare for your next DOT physical.
One of the biggest keys to road safety is the fitness of truck drivers. It is the responsibility of all drivers to make sure they are healthy enough to drive.
The DOT physical exam you take for your medical certificate confirms you're healthy enough to safely be a CMV driver.
What to expect during the DOT physical:
- You will fill out the top part of your certification form and give it to the medical examiner.
- Your blood pressure and pulse will be taken.
- Your overall physical health and appearance will be reviewed.
- You will get an eye test.
- Your hearing will be tested.
- Your heart, lungs, spine and major organs will be checked.
- A urine specimen will also be taken to check for medical conditions.
- If required by your employer, your urine will be tested for illegal drugs.
Adam D. Fiterstein, MD, has worked for over 23 years in Emergency Medicine. He completed his degree at St. George’s Medical School & Staten Island University Hospital Residency. He is available for DOT physical appointments at ProHEALTH Urgent Care of Little Neck.
For more information on DOT medical requirements visit the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website.
For a DOT physical exam appointment, please call:
ProHEALTH Urgent Care of Little Neck
254-61 Nassau Blvd.
Little Neck, NY 11362